Sunday, February 3, 2008

Celebs in the News. Do I Care about Heath Ledger or Kanye's Mom death?

After 2007 was deemed the year of Britney's collapse, and once again the harassment of the paparazzi over the biggest stars and what their up to, 2008 doesnt look to be much more promising for these celebrities. Already in 2008, Celebs have been making headlines from it being Britney Spears (for the billionth time) eating ice cream with her children an being criticized for not raising them in good health, to Heath Ledger and Kanye West mom's death. Personally I feel that Britney giving her children ice cream is just the worse thing that has ever happened (NOT!) but Heath Ledger's situation is a little more understandable for making front page news.

As many people may/may not know Heath Ledger passed away about a week or two ago, Heath was a young and very successful actor, I knew him for his role as Gabriel in the Patriot. Any young death in our society is tragic, and as much as I feel bad for Heath's loved ones and close friends I personally don't feel attached to his death because frankly I never knew him. I mean its sort of like me getting upset about some random person dying in Colorado. I mean you could say there's more of a personal attachment to Heath because he was an american icon but I still find that his death had no affect on my life.

So I believe that as I do worry sometimes about these celebrities and their status and health, these celebs still don't have a major affect on my life because I have no connection in knowing them and I believe they definetly shouldn't be our headline news unless what happened was truly serious like Heath's death. Maybe put something on the NY Times that really is going to make a difference in our lives.

--KP

1 comment:

EmmaRossculp said...

I agree. Sad, but not the end of my life. I can't see how people get so worked up over somthing they won't remember in a few months.