Sunday, February 24, 2008

R&R: Personal Opinion Ch.4 of the Tipping Point

Personally the story of Goetz I feel can be seen in very many similar consistent situations. For example many people at Linworth have been the "geeks" of their class (no offense linworth kids) or just someone who didn't follow the popular norm of their grade and had been picked on every grade til they got to the awesome environment of Linworth. And many of these kids have purposely gone to Linworth first to express themselves in a way they won't be judged but also to go against the popular norm of the world as well as Linworth. Now I'm not saying Linworth kids are psycho like Goetz but their are similar situations between Goetz and some Linworth kids in the way they've been raised and so far gone through their academic careers. But I suppose Goetz is very similar (mentally wise) to a lot of people anywhere you go in this world.

Secondly, the Stanford prison experiment was very interesting as I read through the book. I was thinking about why prison is so bad and than I thought about it and I said "o yah, cause their filled with psychos!" I can't imagine though the physical and mental drama these inmates go through. Being in a scmall cell isolated away from all civilization and even being tortured by their jail guards.
My dad always told me that if you think anything is scary, like for example a haunted house, he told me, go visit a jail and then you'll see what the definition of scary and real-life scary is.

Thirdly, in this chapter it talks about schools and how there are cheaters that also make lies but all I could think about during this section was how in 5th grade I remember taking a almost identical test to the one they talk about the teacher giving to her students in the book. I wondered at that time (in 5th grade) what was the point of the test what were we suppose to learn, but now I think I know what the purpose of the test really was.

Finally in the fourth section it talks about the good samaritan and personallt I believe that i'm a good samaritan about 98% of the time and I really do care about other people and will help them any possible.
I don't want to act like a brag but many kids at the "home" schools don't know what a good samaritan really is. Linworth on the other hand has great kids who will help eachother out, which is nice but still there is the kids who are what I call the jerks of the grade (really it's the Slicers of the grade, justkidding Adam) who act like there all that and act like snobs to other kids and don't really help anyone out. They just cause more chaos, and that would be nice if these jerks could be less of a jerk and more of a good samaritan and treat kids the way they should be treated. I mean you can still pull jokes, pranks and have fun but you got to know (if you are a jerk.....or a Slicer jk) to realize there's a time for jokes and then there's a time too be nice, help and act as a caring friend.

So remember the golden rule, treat people the way you would want to be treated.

--KP

1 comment:

Miriam Hitchcock said...

waitwaitwaitwaitwait... you took that lying test? Did you cheat???

I is terrible, I know