Sunday, April 6, 2008

OC#2: Interim Week

As you may know I go to Linworth Alternative Program. At Linworth, grades 9-11 get to experience something that not many kids at other schools do: A interim week. Interim is a one week internship, doing something you enjoy and doing something you normally couldn't do in regular school. In other words, it is a week in a exterior learning environment that interests you and inspires you to do big things in the future.
This year I am going to participate in Wes Craven's new film 25/8. If you haven't heard of Wes Craven before he is a famous director of horror films such as the well known film The Hills have Eyes and many others. During my experience I am also going to shadow Casting Director Sophia Costas for a little bit and learn what her job in the filming process is and what it takes to become a Casting Director in the future.
During this "pre-interim" process I have learned a lot including how to work with people, what it takes to work things out before interim and the great importance of doing as many things ahead of time as you can, so that you don't have to crunch extra things in at the last minute.
I am so excited to go and experience things that I believe I will enjoy. I am also so happy and thankful that Linworth gives students like me, the oppurtunity to experience these kind of things that we (the students) will most likely remember for a long time or even remember for the rest of our lives.

Can't wait!

--KP

No comments: