So this upcoming Thursday I am going to South Bend, Indiana to watch my sister, Stephanie and her string trio compete in the 2008 International Fischoff Chamber Music Competition. It is going to be really exciting and I can't wait. She is competing against 23 other groups and the competition is always EXTREMELY amazing and very, very talented.
Also I thought I would update you about the recent String Quartet competition I was in with my string quartet, Accelerando. The competition is called the St. Paul National String Quartet Competition and it features arguably the best 6 (under 18 years old) string quartets in the country. My group ended up doing really well and we were really proud on how we did. My sister and her quartet, Viaggio, were also in the competition and they ended up winning the gold prize with their oustanding performances of the Hadyn and Shostakovich, both very difficult pieces. My group also played two very difficult pieces including Shulhoff and Haydn "Rider." Anyway, to find more out about these two extremely competitive competitions you can go to their websites at http://www.fischoff.org and http://spsqc.artaria.us.
--KP
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment