Hey you Linworth kids, so in case you were wondering, Steve and I are running for president and vice president and you should definetly vote for us.
Last Wednesday we watched Steve lead town meeting and did a great job. When he led, Town Meeting ended up being very productive and most likely the most successful Town Meeting this whole year.
I understand some of you believe that Steve was very intense when he was leading, but that's his job, that's what he should be doing. Before Steve led town meeting, people (many students and even some teachers) had taken town meeting as a joke and dismissed it's values for discussing the serious issues involving our Linworth community. But as you saw last week, Steve will return the value and importance of Town Meeting. Steve's intensity and productivity demonstrates that we won't be wasting classtime that teachers give to us every Wednesday to DISCUSS issues. I believe we need this change so teachers like Larry who hasn't been to town meeting because kids are taking it as a joke will be encouraged to participate in Town Meeting again.
Your soon to be VP,
--KP
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't know about all this TMP stuff. I mean on one hand, it unifies town meeting and gets more people involved, but there's always someone volunteering to lead anyway. I think right now it's a good idea to go through with but probably only temporarily.
Post a Comment