Since I'm on a little movie roll lately I thought I would bring up the less appreciated part of films. The music. Much of the music these film composers compose has a huge effect on the film and the character of the film. I mean honestly do you think most movies would be as inspiring as exciting if there was no music involved? Music builds anticipation in films, it brings characters personalities and feelings to life and has many other great contributions.
I really wish that people would find more respect for film music and how much it contributes to the film and everything about it. Film composing is also much more difficult than people think. It might be even more difficult than an actors or a directors job. So next time you see a movie or film, really think about the music in the film and the effect it has to the film's mood and hopefully many more people will start to have more appreciation or as much appreciation for film composers and film music and scoring as I do.
Keep in tuned for next week's blogs.
--KP
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I totally agree with you. I love some of the score from films such as Pearl Harbor and Titanic. I listen to it all the time. I mean what would Titanic be without that music?
It wouldn't be as good.
great point.
less apreciated by some. I'm the one who nearly jumped out of my seat was whats-his-face "died" in Narnia because of an oboe solo.
And you're right. I think that Harry Potter Five would have been a much better movie if the soundtrack would have actually matched better with what was going on. It was kind of... interesting. It's kinda dissapointing cause the others have been pretty good as far as soundtracks. I believe John Williams is coming back for the seventh though, so that should be excelent.
Post a Comment